"They'd replaced me."


I completed a 5 second clip and an epic 35 second interview shot of Malcolm Xmas today (pictured above). To be a little bit different, this shot will have his face blurred out to make him anonymous, and he makes gestures with his arms. Just in case, I animated his mouth as well, and just kept his eyes in the dark.

It came out quite well, except the computer crashed and wouldn't reload all of my file, so I had to animate a big chunk of it twice - which was rather painful. It takes about 25 minutes to save a 30 second shot (which is about 10Gb uncompressed), so I have to choose my save times carefully at the end of a sentence (because a lot can change on it's own in 25 minutes).

My workspace (the large tin under the computer was my tripod today! - I just taped the camera down and it was sweet!). That's also a lawn boules set holding up the wall against the baby cot.